Saturday, October 30, 2010

Meadowbrook Hall

The back view of the mansion.
A peak of the backyard
This summer I took a trip to Meadowbrook Hall for the first time.  I've always heard so much about it and wanted to have the chance to see it for myself.  It is one magnificent structure, the mansion, the gardens and the grounds.  I didn't take the house tour but got a sneak peak of the inside.  Wow, it was amazing! So much elaborate detail.  I see now why they have a lot of weddings and elegant events there. 
The Gazebo

I love beautiful architecture.  They took much pride in building homes back when.  I wish I could post more photos of every little corner of the place.  If you haven't been there, you really need to go.  It is only a 30 minute drive from Detroit.  It is a site to see.  I hope to go back for a tour of the inside of the mansion.  I will share photos of its many gardens in another post. 

The children's playhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment